Creamy Breakfast Fudge
A friend recently introduced me to the idea of this decadent, yet nutritious fudge for breakfast. As you can imagine, this wasn't a hard sell. Plus, it's a nice change if you're looking to switch things up in the morning.
Once prepared, I store my my fudge in the fridge so I have a quick & delicious breakfast waiting for me in the morning or healthy treat later in the day. I also tried melting one of these squares in my coffee one morning — delicious.
- 1/2 C coconut oil
- 1/2 cup ghee (clarified butter)
- 1/2 C nut butter (I used raw almond butter)
- 1 T brown rice syrup (my sweetener of choice, but you could use some local honey or coconut nectar)
- 1/4 C cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean
- 1 scoop protein powder (I use Sun Warrior)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- shake of Himalayan salt
- unsweetened coconut flakes (shredded) for sprinkling on top
Slowly melt the first 5 ingredients in a saucepan over the stove. Whisk in other ingredients until everything is combined and smooth. You do not want to simmer the mixture. Pour the mixture into a parchment lined 8x11 glass baking dish. You could also try an ice cube try. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes to set. Remove from freezer and sprinkle with the shredded unsweetened coconut flakes. Cut into 1-in squares and store in fridge or freezer for a week or so.