Two Cleansing Tonics
Want that "cleansed" feeling after the holidays? No need to starve yourself! Instead, I refocus on a diet rich in whole foods and having a variety of color on my plate at every meal. Avoiding packaged foods is always a good idea too because they usually have extra sodium and sugar our bodies really don't need.
Adding a healthy, cleansing tonic to your diet is another great way to boost energy and metabolism! Especially in the winter months here in the Midwest when it's cold & dark out early. So instead of reaching for another coffee at 2pm, I invite you to try one of these refreshing tonics I've fallen in love with. They give me the best afternoon "buzz" & keep me feeling energized instead of sluggish well into the afternoon. I hope you love them too!
I like to mix up batches of one of these tonics on Sundays and then add La Croix or seltzer to a shots worth of each during the week & enjoy over ice.
Here's the two combos I love:
- Lemon juice, coconut water, ginger & cayenne: You can make your own using small amounts of each and enjoy over ice then add La Croix (Pure or Lemon are favorites). I also love KOR's vitality shot and use half per serving. You can find it at Whole Foods. But making your own is really easy when you have the time on a weekend.
- Apple cider vinegar, ginger, lemon and raw honey: Like the first tonic, I mix a shots worth with La Croix (Pure, Lemon or Coconut) and enjoy over ice. You can find the recipe for this one here.
- Great source of vitamin C & potassium
- Aids in digestion and detoxification
- Contain pectin, which helps you feel fuller for longer
- Improves gut health by aiding digestion
- Enhances immune function & prevents colds
- Rich in potassium
- High in electrolytes which makes it super hydrating
- Low in calories and easy on the stomach
- Aids in digestion
- Boosts metabolism and aids in weight loss
- Great source of Vitamin A
Apple Cider Vinegar
- Rich in enzymes & potassium
- Supports a healthy immune system
- Helps control weight
- Promotes digestion & ph Balance
- Helps remove body toxins
- Natural energy source
- Natural allergy relief
- Raises antioxidant levels