Banana Chocolate Pancakes
I get a lot of requests for recipes for 1 so here you go, ladies! This one's perfect for those lazy weekend mornings when you have a little extra time & want something indulgent yet totally guilt-free! And it's super easy to double if you want to whip up more for your sweetie or if you're having a friend over for brunch. Enjoy! xo
All you need (for 1 serving)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 C oatmeal or 1 packet Qia's creamy coconut oatmeal
- 1/2 ripe banana
- dash of cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 1t vanilla or almond extract
- small handful of chopped nuts (walnuts, almonds, pistachios) or 1T nut butter (peanut butter or sunflower are my favorites)
- Chocolate drizzle (for topping): Melt together in the microwave or small sauce pan: 2t unsweetened cacao powder & 2t brown rice syrup
- Toppings: nuts or nut butter, extra banana & chocolate drizzle; you could add fresh berries too!
In a small bowl, mix together the oatmeal, cinnamon, salt, vanilla or almond extract, egg and banana. Mash it all up gently until a pancake consistency forms. Heat butter, coconut oil or coconut oil spray in a pan and pour pancake mixture into heated pan. Flip after a minute or so and cook the other side. Transfer to a plate and top with your favorite toppings and enjoy every bite!